Schedule a Discovery VisitWant to talk to a physical therapist or schedule a quick 10-15 discovery visit to see if we can help you? Fill out the information below and our staff will contact you within 24 hours.
• Tim graduated from Northeastern University’s Physical Therapy program in 1991
• Provided outpatient and post-op care for orthopaedic patients in Florida and California after graduation.
• Moved back to Portland in 1994 and specialized in orthopaedic and industrial rehab. Tim has provided physical therapy care for employees of some of the biggest employers in the Greater Portland…
Mike graduated Franklin Pierce University with his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Since then Mike has been practicing Orthopedics and treating a wide variety of patients including post-operative, acute injuries, chronic pain and difficulty with balance. Mike also gained experience in an Acute care hospital setting where he treated patients in the hospital directly after orthopedic […]Read More
Kristin was born and raised right here in Portland Maine. After graduating from Portland high school, Kristin attended the University of New Hampshire where she graduated with a BS in kinesiology: exercise science in 2013. She then returned to Maine to complete her studies in physical therapy at the University of New England, graduating with […]Read More
• Scott graduated from the University of New England’s Physical Therapy program in 1990
• Joined Granite Hill Physical Therapy upon graduation, specializing in Orthopaedic and Industrial Physical Therapy. At the time GHPT was one of the most progressive and fastest growing private practices in Maine.
• Provided treatment and Injury Prevention educational services in the Brunswick office as well as in their on-site offices at LL Bean, BIW, Unum, Blethen Maine Newspapers, Boise Cascade, International Paper and a clinic providing services to Maine state employees in Augusta…
We treat musculoskeletal injuries and offer only proven, evidence based, cost effective treatments.
Chronic Tendonopathy Program
Tendonopathy is a broad term encompassing painful conditions occurring in and around tendons in response to overuse. Recent basic science research suggests little or no inflammation is present in these conditions. Thus traditional treatment modalities aimed at controlling inflammation such as corticosteroid injections, NSAIDS medications, and rest may not be the most effective options. We at Advance Physical Therapy recognize this science and will develop a comprehensive approach combining evidence based manual therapies and corrective exercise to address these problems.
We are a highly sought after practice for Worker’s Compensation injuries. Our ability to offer initial appointments with 24/48 hours at times that are convenient to the working population has elevated our practice to a primary referral choice for injured workers.
Post Operative Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
Recovering from any orthopedic, foot and ankle, or upper extremity surgery can be overwhelming. Our primary focus at Advanced Physical Therapy is restoring your ability to return to doing the things you enjoy most. We have extensive experience and have formed lasting relationships with most surgeons in the area. We take great pride in guiding you through the post-operative process and will be there by your side the whole way.
In any manual therapy treatment, supplementation with exercises that address musculoskeletal strength and postural muscle imbalances throughout the entire kinetic chain is vital to maintaining the positive changes that occur with each treatment session. Our therapists will provide custom exercise plans that address each individual patient needs.
Dry needling involves inserting fine monofilament needles into muscles, tendons, ligaments, and scar tissue. This technique has delivered proven results for many chronic and subacute conditions including lateral epicondylitis, knee osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonosis, neck pain, and low back pain.
Instrument Assistive Soft Tissue Mobilization
IASTM is a soft tissue technique performed with ergonomically designed instruments that detect and treat fascial restrictions and encourage healing in areas exhibiting soft tissue adhesions, chronic inflammation, or degeneration.
All of our therapists are Cert VRS and treat a variety of vestibular issues including vertigo, BPPV, balance issues and post concussion syndrome.